After all of the ideas have been submitted, the community will have a chance to provide their comments and feedback, and vote for their favourite ideas. Then, members will have a chance to improve their ideas based on the comments they received. The top ideas will be reviewed by our expert panel, which includes Calgary Economic Development leaders that are working on Calgary’s new economic strategy.
Our review panel will be evaluating ideas on the following criteria:
- Is the idea innovative or unique?
- Will the idea contribute to the diversification and growth of Calgary's economy?
- Will the idea enhance or provide job opportunities in Calgary?
- Will the idea benefit Calgary communities?
- Is the effort to implement the idea reasonable or realistic?
Prizes will be awarded in 4 categories:
- Best overall idea: opportunity to present your idea to Calgary Economic Development, participate in a 1 on 1 interview as part of Calgary’s new economic strategy, and a $500 Amazon gift card, as well as a ticket to Calgary Economic Development’s Report to the Community.
- Best new company: opportunity to present your idea to Startup Calgary and a Rosso Coffee gift card (winner of ATB Small Business of the Year award).
- Best investment in an existing company/industry: meet with the team from the Calgary Chamber of Commerce and a Rosso Coffee gift card.
- Best acquisition: Meet with the team from Calgary Economic Development and an Amazon gift card.