#LoveYYC is provided by CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT Ltd (trading as CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT) of 731 1ST STREET SE CALGARY AB T2G 2G9 ("we" or "us") based on technology developed and managed by Chaordix, Inc. of Suite 313, 1240 - 20th Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2G 1M8, Canada ("Chaordix").
Collection of personal information
The purpose of #LoveYYC is to gather feedback and input from you about various topics and products. This feedback and input is used to improve our products, services, marketing and processes. We collect the following types of personal information on #LoveYYC:
- Information that you provide when joining #LoveYYC such as your name and contact information. You may also add other information to your member profile.
- Information that you provide on #LoveYYC discussions and forums including posts, answers, votes and comments.
- Information that you provide in completing any #LoveYYC surveys.
- Information relating to your use of #LoveYYC. For example, when you visit #LoveYYC, we may log certain information that your browser sends us, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring website addresses.
- Information relating to the pages you view within our sites and other actions you take while visiting us. In addition, we may also use technologies to determine whether you've opened an e-mail or clicked on a link contained in an e-mail.
- Collecting information in this manner allows us to collect statistics about #LoveYYC usage and effectiveness and personalise your experience while you are on #LoveYYC, as well as tailor our interactions with you.
- The information that we collect, either directly or indirectly, may be combined to help us improve its overall accuracy and completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
Use of personal information
The following paragraphs describe in more detail how we may use your personal information.
1.1 Personalising Your Experience on #LoveYYC
We may use information we collect about you to provide you with a personalised experience on #LoveYYC, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested and making navigation on our sites easier.
1.2 Providing support
We may use your personal information to support products or services you have obtained from us, such as notifying you of a product update or fix.
The information you provide through #LoveYYC, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, may be used by us to communicate with you. Before we do so, however, we will offer you the opportunity to choose whether or not to have your information used in this way. You may at any time choose not to receive communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail you may receive, by indicating so when we call you, or by contacting us directly (please refer to "CONTACT" below).
1.4 User content
1.5 Group Sharing and Protection of Rights
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in s1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
1.6 Sharing of personal information
In some cases, we may use suppliers located in various countries to collect, use, analyse, and otherwise process information on our behalf. It is our practice to require such suppliers to handle information in a manner consistent with these policies.
Information security and accuracy
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT and Chaordix in partnership with CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT implement reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies and other technologies
Links to other websites
#LoveYYC may contain links to other websites that may or may not be affiliated with CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT or Chaordix in partnership with CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. Neither CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT nor Chaordix in partnership with CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT are responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Notification of changes
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to access review, correct, update, change or delete your personal information simply log into your account and make the necessary changes. If you wish to close your account or account profile information altogether, please contact us. Your profile and personal information will be cleared. Your display name will be changed to something non-identifiable and will still appear next to any other content you may have created on the site but it will not be traceable to you by any users on the system. An email will be sent to you to confirm that your personal information has been deleted. We will also retain logs, demographic, indirect, and statistical information that may relate to you but do not identify you personally. If your personal information was previously accessed by others, we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from us or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile as described above. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
CALGARY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
731 1ST STREET SE CALGARY AB T2G 2G9
If you have a question, comment or suggestion about the technology of #LoveYYC, you can contact Chaordix at email@example.com.